I tend to do most of my shopping online. Whilst some people find the inexhaustible options of the internet to be a chore, and a challenge to whittle down their baskets to what it is they want the most, I find that it is exactly this abundance of choice that allows me to find pieces that I rarely have to worry about spotting on somebody else. Even the online shopfronts of high-street stores tend to offer a wider range than their brick-and-mortar counterparts.
I happened upon a number of absolute bargains the other day, and the deliveries were all set to arrive today. There’s something about online shopping that fills you with anticipation, and sure enough, upon my awakening this morning, I was genuinely excited for the postman to arrive.
Around midday, I was greeted at the front door with a small, sturdy box from ASOS, and a large parcel labelled ‘Burton’.
- An extremely comfortable white, extended-length jumper. Not too thick, making it perfect for layering on colder days, or for wearing alone, under a denim jacket during Spring.
- A pair of timeless, black half-rimmed sunglasses, with dark, smoked lenses, from River Island. A staple accessory for the coming months.
- I found a real bargain here in Burton’s suit sale. A sapphire-blue, one-button, skinny-fit blazer. A stellar addition for the more formal occasions.
- A pair of slim, deep-red, diamond-stitched braces. Another bargain accessory, and one that can be paired with a casual wardrobe just as easily as it can with a formal one. Combining a solid pair of braces with a plain, low-neck t-shirt and some torn denim is the foundation of a ‘shambled’ look.
- A skinny, leather belt, tinged in oxblood.